Do you know what is causing your halitosis? If not, that’s OK, because our team is happy to help you find out. There are many reasons bad breath can be triggered, especially if it doesn’t go away after brushing or a common breath mint.
Our dentist, Dr. Aaron Ercole, is happy to help you. That is why our team at Ocean State Oral Surgery Center, L.L.C. in North Providence, Rhode Island, is sharing insight into what might be causing your halitosis.
Here is a list of ideas on what is causing your halitosis:
– Cavities: Tooth decay can cause your smile to stink as your teeth rot if neglected.
– Tobacco: Tobacco use aggravates the teeth and gums and causes intense bad breath along with many other health problems in your body.
– Other conditions: Illnesses in your body such as kidney malfunctions, liver problems, and respiratory tract infections can cause halitosis.
– Medications: Some medicines prescribed by your doctor could cause bad breath.
– Foods: Delicious foods and drinks like onions, garlic, coffee, sodas, and even teas can cause your breath to smell foul.
– Gum disease can cause your gums to smell due to the bacteria remaining in them, and this is the most typical reason for halitosis.
– Dry Mouth: Your mouth needs saliva frequently to wash away the foods and bacteria from your smile.
If you still wonder what is causing your halitosis, please call us today at 401-353-1515 to make an appointment and find out. Our team is happy to help you with your oral health concerns and help lead you back to oral health success.