Did you know that your wisdom teeth can force your jaw and teeth out of alignment as they try to come in? Yes, it’s true! For most people, there is not a lot of space in the back of the jaw for your wisdom teeth to grow in properly. For others, wisdom teeth can sometimes become impacted, causing extreme pain and other oral health problems.
Our dentist, Dr. Aaron Ercole, understands the importance of keeping a healthy mouth and offers wisdom teeth removal as a way to avoid many oral health care problems that are often associated with erupting wisdom teeth. That is why our team at Ocean State Oral Surgery Center, L.L.C. is here to help you understand the basics of your wisdom teeth.
To learn more about your wisdom teeth, check out these facts here:
– Speak with our dentist about opportunities for a wisdom tooth extraction and recovery tips to keep your smile safe.
– Oral health risks associated wisdom teeth growing in include causing other teeth to move out of alignment.
– Your wisdom teeth can often cause pain when they are growing in. The process is known as an eruption and can lead to discomfort.
– Be aware that if your wisdom teeth do not fully grow in, they should be extracted to prevent further oral health risks.
– When your wisdom teeth are erupting above your gums, it can make your gums swollen and inflamed, which can lead to serious infections and gum disease.
Do you still have questions about your wisdom teeth? If so, please give us a call today at 401-353-1515 to make an appointment. We are happy to help you and examine your mouth for any unique needs to see if wisdom teeth removal in North Providence, Rhode Island, is right for you.