Are you interested in making your jaw stronger? When people need a bone grafting procedure, it is commonly done to help the strengthen their jawbone to achieve positive oral health. Gum disease, over time, can damage your jawbone and leave your gums in a weakened and corrupted state. Luckily, there are treatments to overcome these problems and strengthen your jaw.
Our dentist, Dr. Aaron Ercole, offers bone grafting depending on your needs. That is why our team is happy to help you learn more facts about bone grafting, so you can understand if this option is right for you.
Here is a list of facts on bone grafting:
– According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, bone grafts are recommended in situations where your jawbone is soft, frail or thin.
– Bone grafting treatments can be used in several periodontal dentistry procedures.
– Bone grafting is often used in connection with dental implants.
– It typically takes several months before the graft and bone heal properly.
– Typically, bone grafts are taken from one area of your body and grafted into your jawbone. In other situations, we may use artificial grafting material.
– Bone grafting is used to help weak jawbones hold implants.
Bone grafting is a common procedure that can help you in many ways. If you have questions about bone grafting in North Providence, Rhode Island, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please call us today at 401-353-1515 to make an appointment. Our friendly team at Ocean State Oral Surgery Center, L.L.C. is happy to help you understand bone grafting and help determine if this procedure is right for you.