Are you looking for information on recovering from oral surgery? If so, we are here to help you! Oral surgery is our specialty, and our team is happy to help you with questions or concerns you may have about any of our treatments.
Our dentists, Dr. Aaron Ercole and Dr. Paul Geunes with Ocean State Oral Surgery Center, L.L.C. in North Providence, Rhode Island, provide top-quality care and happy to share some basic tips on recovering from oral surgery. Always remember the first step in any surgical recovery is to follow your doctor’s advice about any medications or instructions they may have for you.
Here are some basic tips to help yourself through the recovery process after oral surgery:
- Remember your doctor’s specific instructions for you. The advice your doctor gives you will help you along with the recovery process, so trust your doctor.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is your body’s way of healing naturally. If you let your body rest, you are helping yourself recover at a faster pace. Also, remember any information your doctor gave you about sleeping at an angle. Some surgeries require you to rest at an angle until you are recovered, or your bleeding stops.
- Avoid tobacco use during your recovery time. Tobacco infuriates the gums and can slow down the healing process making it harder to heal and increase the risk of infections. That is why it is best to avoid tobacco in any form during your recovery process.
- Discuss the best food and drink options for you to take with your doctor. Some foods, hot or cold cause different situations for the state of your teeth and gums. The intel on the foods and drinks you need is essential to know when it comes to your recovery.
- Attend all after-care appointments with your doctor to make sure you are healing correctly. Your doctor will help you avoid infections or any complications after surgery.
If you require further information, or if you are in need of a top-notch oral surgeon, then please call us today at 401-353-1515 to make an appointment. Our professional team is happy to assist you and help you in any way we can.